Monday 23 March 2015

4 HEALTHY & DELICIOUS way to make 21 DAY FIX APPROVED Chicken!!

Chicken is a great way to add protein into your diet, but yes, it can get very repetitive and boring if made the same way all the time. I thought I'd share 4 of my favorite ways to make chicken to help you spice up your 21 Day Fix meal plan!




Mexican!
I love anything and EVERYTHING Mexican...so this is a go to for me! I cook my chicken accordingly and in the last 5 minutes of cook time, I add 2tbsps of FRESH salsa and 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar/Monterrey Jack cheese.

  • 1 red, 1/2 green, 1 blue

Marinade
My favorite marinade for my chicken! I let it marinade in the fridge for 4-6 hours then toss it on the BBQ, yum!
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup dijon mustard (we prefer grainy, but whatever you like - PS: FREE FOOD)
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup (I cut this wayyy down, but still use a little for some sweetness)
  • 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
  • 6 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 red, 2tsps 

Hummus Crusted
This is a new one I just made last week and I'm SO obsessed. One pot meal = amazing. I layered my favorite Le Creuset dish with onions, zucchini and carrots; then layed the fresh chicken on top (4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.) I covered each breast with 1/3 cup of hummus and a little cayenne pepper for some heat! Bake at 400 for 30 minutes...heaven!
  • 1 red, 2 green (I took lots of veggies), 1 blue

Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is one of my favorite things to eat, so I knew I needed to find a 21 Day Fix approved recipe I could eat! 
  • 2/3 cup of precooked chicken, diced
  • 2 tbsps greek yogurt
  • 2 small green onions, diced
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/2 apple, diced
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Gluten free tortilla
Mix it all together and wrap it up in a tortilla with some lettuce (I prefer Spinach!) Since I'm celiac, mine is gluten free, but whichever works for you!
  • 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1/2 purple

If you have any other recipes, please share them in the comment section below! I love trying out new stuff!!

xo, Victoria


No comments:

Post a Comment